Developing your own leads is a great way to gain trust through authenticity. After all, what customer wants to go from salesperson to salesperson?
When it comes to lead generation, there are a few ways you can go about it. Software like the Sales Lead Tracking Tool can help the process. Still trying to decide whether you should develop your own leads or take off with whatever is handed to you? Here are the pros and cons of developing your own leads:
- Authenticity: Salespeople (or comfort advisors) get a bad rep for just being there for one end goal, but if the customer deals with just one person, he or she will readily trust.
- Direct: It’s a no-BS approach to sales, and it reduces that “friction” with the customer.
- Save time: The time spent during go-between could be time wasted (and a frustrated customer).
- Lack of structure: Tools like the Sales Lead Tracking software provided by HVAC Learning Solutions help managers keep on top of lead follow-ups. However, don’t let this stop you from developing your own leads and following through (just be sure to track it so that everyone is happy).
- Work overload: The task of developing your own leads could become daunting.
How do you go about developing your own leads?